I came across an advertisement that might be something my sister would be interested in earlier today. I clicked the Ad and was directed to the Knott’s Berry Farm site and landing page. I was dismayed a site trying to sell us a very social experience without a way to share it with our friends!
It is amazing how often I find large companies and small mom and pop stores that don’t have a way to share a find with others. Guerrilla Marketing 101’s first rule is make it easy for others to share a promotion. You end up with 2 or more people in most circumstances with knowledge of your promotion but only paying for one impression.
Take the time this minute to check your businesses site and promotional material, make certain it has a way to share your material. A quick checklist of items to look for:
- URL Landing Page to enable people to share the material
- An easy to remember slogan that can be searched for and turn up your result
- Product / Business Name
- Product / Business Web Site
- Phone Number
- Postal Address
Web Based Material
- Social Media Share buttons
- Links to Product / Business Web Sites
- Can your customers engage your business?
- Do you have a comment box?
- Is the product something people would review?
- Is there a feedback button?
- Instant Messaging
- Easy to find Brick and Mortar information
The list is obviously not comprehensive, but it covers probably 80-90% of most use cases. By making certain that your site and marketing material cover these few items you can avoid mistakes like Knott’s Berry Farms made. Now I’m off to manually share the information with my sister.